Sunday, April 15, 2012

M is fro Megara


So I'm behind a day, but thats okay! I've almost caught up, so here is M for Megara!


Megara, Hercules 



Megara (Meg) was first introduced in the 1997 film, Hercules. She is beautiful, seductive, independent and quick-witted, but she also is afraid to fall in love again. She knows she has sex appeal and uses it to her advantage to get Hercules to do what she wants. She sold her soul to Hades to save her boyfriends life, only to have him leave her right afterwards. Because of this, she is forced to do Hades's bidding and she thinks lowly of men.


Why I like her:

Meg is a very mature disney girl. You see that most of the Princesses are pretty naive and even gullible, but Meg is very head strong. She doesn't want to fall in love and she even helps the villain of (mostly) her own free will. And I love that she doesn't instantly fall in love with Hercules either. She has to grow to know him just like you would see in real life. Plus, she very witty and sarcastic, has a lot of attitude and sass, and she's just fun to watch!


Fun Fact: Meg's song 'I Won't Say I'm In Love' was originally supposed to be a ballad song called 'I Can't Believe My Heart', but the writers thought that it wasn't Meg's style.


And now, I leave you with a quote:


"Thanks for everything, Herc. It's been a real slice. "

5 comments:

  1. Great post. It's nice to know even Disney has to make a few changes now and then.

    ScribblesFromJenn
    Happy A to Z-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Krystal! I love Disney movies but this wasn't one of my favorites so I've only seen it once. I'll have to rent it because I don't remember much about Megara. She sounds cool, though! My favorite Disney heroine is Mulan (another M!). She doesn't just save her father but goes on to save an entire country!

    Have a great week and happy A to Z!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh I remember her--though I don't remember the rest of the story:)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com
    Happy A-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually haven't seen this film. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Krystal. I nominated your the the Kreativ Award. Just stop by my blog to collect. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete