Thursday, April 12, 2012

K is for Kiara!


Today is the letter K (which is also the letter of my first name!) And for the letter K, I've decided to pick a character from a Disney sequel. Normally, I don't like Disney sequels, but I really enjoyed this one! So without further a due, I give you all Kiara!


Kiara, Lion King 2: Simba's Pride




Kiara is the daughter of Simba, and one of the main characters in The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride (1998). The story tells of Kiara and the son of a banished group of lions who sided with Scar, Kovu.Though they only meet once as cubs, they are brought together again once they are grown up. Kovu has been trained to be the killer of Simba and they plan to get to him through Kiara. However, he soon grows feelings for the young princess and must chose between his love and his duty. 


Why I like it:

So, I know this movie isn't very popular, but I love it so there! (Nyah! =P) It was one of the first Romeo and Juliet type movies I ever saw and I enjoyed the songs! Of course, as I got older, some of the songs went from awesome to just plain stupid. With the exception of 'He Lives In You' and 'We Are One'. So I really like Kiara. She's prone to trouble like her father, but has the strong headed stubborn streak of her mother and father. Though she is a bit naive, she has a good heart and is just trying to find herself somewhere in her duty as future queen.


Fun Fact: The son of Zira is called Kovu - Swahili for 'Scar'. 'Zira' means hate; the name of Nuka, Zira's hapless elder son, means 'bad smell'. Kovu has no relation to Scar 


And now, I leave you with a quote:


"I'm not just a princess, you know. That's only half of who I am!"

No comments:

Post a Comment